Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Today's Food for Thought

Today I randomly decided I needed a moment of zen and reached for my favorite meditation book. Here is an piece of what I found:

"Picture what it's like to be on an airplane as it climbs higher, gaining altitude to rise above a storm. Bounced by air turbulence, it cuts through the clouds, and then it emerges into the blue sky. The sun returns (it was always there- just obscured by the clouds), and the ride becomes so smooth that there is hardly any sensation of motion. 

In a similar way, we can rise above stormy events and our own inner turbulence. We can cruise at a different altitude." ⛅ ✈

I don't know about y'all, but I find that fitting and easy to grasp. I do love a good metaphor. ;) Anyway that was a piece of some peace I found today! 

P.S. I just found out blogger has an app, so maybe I'll update this thing more than 3 times a year!! (Not likely) 

Til next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment