Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Carving!!

So I guess Halloween is officially here. I've been ignoring the scary commercials and fake spider webs so far, but it's time to face the holiday. Now I don't like scary movies or anything that may frighten me so I'm really no fan of Halloween or the month of October actually. The one part of the festivities I do enjoy, though, is pumpkin carving (even though I'm not trustworthy with a knife). I am, however, more than capable with a screwdriver. I can see you scratching your head now, allow me to explain.

Last year I joined Bubba and Carter for pumpkin carving, and I cooked the seeds while they carved. Well since the seeds really only tasted like popcorn with extra extra salt and ended up in the garbage I chose not to cook them this year. So last night we carved again! Kind of. You see, now there's these little pieces from the people who brought us Mr. Potato Head so you can just punch holes in a pumpkin and stick the pieces in to make a cute face. That may not be the best description...here's what Carter and I made.



See, it's a pirate!! The other pumpkin was carved into an AU by Bubba, which I don't have a picture of but it was super cute!

Although Halloween isn't really my thing, pumpkin carving really helped get my mind off of grad school applications (which I needed!) It also helped me get excited for Auburn's School of Architecture pumpkin carving contest! They are always awesome, and hey Aubie's gonna be there! What could be more fun? Except maybe trick or treating with my furry little nephew (that's the only costume hint I'm giving).

Anyway enjoy making your own Halloween traditions!!


No comments:

Post a Comment