Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend of Wonders!

Okay blog world I've been out for a couple of days, but it has been a very busy and very fun weekend! Here's the play-by-play...

First off, as I mentioned on Friday, that evening I got to have dinner with Lauren Burnham. We went to Cock of the Walk and it was wonderful (you just can't beat those fried pickles). We then visited the downtown block party where the Toomer's corner area is blocked off to traffic, the shops stay open later, and there's even live music! Lots of fun...even though Lauren did say she was overwhelmed by all of the tigers. What can I say? We have a lot of pride in our school here! As we were leaving we decided to call another old buddy of ours, Reed! Which brings me to my next point...I crossed off another item on my list!!

#17 'Reconnect with an old friend' DONE!!

For those who don't understand the Liz-Reed dynamic it's really something different special. :) We used to be inseperable, Lauren is still convinced that Reed and I had a secret relationship one summer (just to clarify, we did not). We just spent every waking moment together! What's wrong with that? There's quite a few Reed stories that I won't post publicly online, but if you ask me and my dad, we love to tell them. :) Anyway, I don't get to see Reed at all anymore because he went to school at Bama and still lives in that God-forsaken town. I also haven't talked to him in months, which makes this weekend a reconnection. Back to the story...

So Reed told us that he was very bored in T-town this weekend and wished he had come to Auburn to spend a little time. Well my wake up text Saturday morning was Reed telling me that he was coming down for the day. So after an AUsome victory over the LSU tigers (24-17) and continuing an undefeated season (8-0), I went to Skybar to meet up with Reed and meet his sweet friend Casey. I'll just leave it at that. We had a great night of catching up and hanging out. And I will have to visit him soon!!

Well Sunday I got to go home and spend the day with my beyond precious nephew Davis! We love to play and so play we did! I cannot wait for Halloween this weekend because he is going to be so darn cute!! I'm not giving away the costume or there won't be a point in posting pictures next week. ;)

All in all it was a great weekend! I got to see 2 friends that I've been missing and go home for some family time. Not to mention football...I can't believe the season we are having, I couldn't ask for a more thrilling season for my senior year! And I can't believe we're #1 in the BCS that was just the cherry on top of the weekend!!


That's Toomer's Corner after the win!! Very exciting times!

Anyway, happy Monday everyone...excuse me while I get my grad school applications prepared :) Like I said exciting times!!


No comments:

Post a Comment